Your privacy is extremely important to us.
Your personal information is used to ensure RTO Standards are met. Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Riversource Training Institute Pty Ltd is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose it to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research LTD (NCVER (National Centre for Vocational Education Research)). Your personal information is also collected for the purpose of processing and managing your enrolment with us, and to ensure we deliver high-quality courses.
Your personal information may also be used for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Riversource Training Institute may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including schools, employers, commonwealth and state or Territory government departments and authorised agencies, NCVER, Organisations conducting student surveys; and researchers.
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following reasons:
- Verifying your Unique Student Identifier (USI), issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET
- Facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including
- Understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and Administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring, and evaluation.
At some point, you may receive a NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent, or third-party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted. NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website www.ncver.edu.au
Riversource Training Institute will keep written, verbal, and photographic (including video) records of student participation and evaluation, and may use recorded evidence for promotional, commercial, or educational purposes.
At Riversource Training Institute, we are committed to managing our business in accordance with these principles in terms of safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of personal information.
Social media Internal Policy
Riversource Training Institute wants to provide a pleasant and respectful environment for everyone who uses our social media platforms.
Before posting on any of our social media accounts, please follow the terms and conditions of the relevant social networking site as well as follow Riversource Training Institute’s internal guidelines, which are listed below:
- Only publish information about Riversource Training Institute that is relevant. Off-topic, misleading, or irrelevant information should not be posted.
- Do not post any information or comments that could be interpreted as, discriminatory, racial, sexually explicit, defamatory, insulting, abusive, vulgar, deceptive, unlawful, or threatening language directed at other users or our company.
- Do not post information that violates people’s privacy or infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Do not publish any promotional materials without prior permission from Riversource Training Institute.
- Do not send irrelevant or unsolicited messages in large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, or spreading malware.
- Do not post any material about political or religious activism, information that supports or suggests illegal behaviour, or information that is false, deceptive, or misleading.
Any posts that violate our Internal Guidelines, social media website’s terms and conditions, or that we otherwise consider unethical, will be removed from our social media accounts without warning.
- Riversource Training Institute may not necessarily agree with or support the material or ideas published by users on our social networking platforms. Users’ information and content may include their viewpoints, ideas, or recommendations, and they bear no responsibility for Riversource Training Institute.
- Riversource Training Institute makes no warranties about the accuracy, integrity, or reliability of any content made by Riversource Training or its users on our social media platforms. Rather than relying on the material provided as a substitute for proper training, it is recommended that you obtain professional advice based on your specific circumstances.
- Riversource Training Institute disclaims any liability for any expenses, losses, damages, or charges incurred by its users on social media.
Our training and assessment programs do attract fees.
Riversource Training Institute has a fair and equitable Refund Policy in place containing guidelines guaranteeing the refund of fees to course Participants under reasonable circumstances. The management guarantees Riversource Training Institute’s sound financial position and safeguards Client / Participant fees until used for training/assessment.
- For courses valued at $499 or less, the full fee will be paid on enrolment.
- For courses valued at $500 or more, $500 will be paid on enrolment.
- The remaining balance of the course will be paid either in instalments or in full, once learning commences.
- After the enrolment is complete, there is a 10-day cooling-off period in which the student can cancel their enrolment and receive a full refund less $50 bank and administration fees. In the event that the course start date is less than 10 days from the enrolment date then the cooling-off period finishes two days prior to the course commencement date.
After the cooling-off period, fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another student. For cancellations made outside of these timeframes for medical/compassionate reasons, refunds/transfers will be determined on a case-by-case basis and will require factual evidence. Transfer to another date may be possible at the discretion of Riversource Training Institute management.
NOTE: If the student wishes to apply for a refund, a written letter with factual evidence attached, must be sent to Riversource Training Institute – Administration; email@example.com. Students will then be informed by email about refund decisions, and fee refunds will be made by direct bank deposit to the original payee within 14 days of approval.
If a student fails to show up for a scheduled vocational placement and does not complete the requisite hours, he or she may be compelled to book another spot and pay an additional fee to secure another vocational placement at his or her own expense.
Please be advised that missing classes can significantly impact the learning growth of the student.
If a student misses a training session and fails to complete the requisite training, he or she may be compelled to make up the lesson at a later date. Changes are subject to availability.
Arriving late to the online class, face-to-face class or vocational placement has an impact on the learning results of all students. Riversource Program Institute may refuse access to candidates who arrive late to training.
Riversource Training Institute reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course to an alternative date. All registered participants affected by such changes will receive a full refund or be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available course program.
Riversource Training Institute cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred due to a cancelled event due to conditions beyond our control, extreme weather events, Covid-19, or insufficient enrolments.
As of January 1, 2015, all students enrolled in nationally recognised training will be required to hold a USI. A USI is a ten-digit code that has the purpose of providing students with access to a centralised database that contains all of their training data. The Training Provider must verify the USI before issuing a Certificate or Statement of Attainment to the student.
Complaints and Appeals
Riversource Training Institute treats complaints and appeals from staff, partner organisations, participants, and other parties very seriously and will deal with these in an effective and timely manner. Complaints can be made about Riversource Training Institute, its staff, other learners or third parties. Riversource Training Institute typically aims to resolve all complaints within three weeks.
Riversource Training Institute will act upon any substantiated complaints or appeals. These will be recorded in Riversource Training Institute’s RTO management System and will lead where appropriate to continuous improvement activities. The data entry responsibility, including maintaining the security of these complaints and appeals, lies with Riversource Training Institute’s CEO.
A person or organisation can complain about any aspect of our dealings with them, and the participant can appeal any decision we make, including assessment decisions.
In the first instance that a person or organisation is unhappy or dissatisfied with an aspect of our service delivery, they should consult their trainer and assessor, customer service staff or Riversource Training Institute’s CEO. Work Employers or Companies should contact Riversource Training Institute’s CEO. We would encourage participants to contact their trainers first to resolve the issue.
More information on how to file a complaint or appeal a complaint can be found in the “Student Handbook”.
Please contact Riversource Training Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to receive a full copy of the handbook or require further information.